We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager with previous experience in leading organizations of 50 people.
You will be the engineering lead for a product area that is building our clients mobile podcast experience. The product area consists of 4 teams, out of which 2 are in Stockholm and 2 in London.
As the Product Area Lead, you will be managing the 4 Engineering Managers that are leading the individual teams. You will work closely with a Group Product Manager and Design Manager, forming the leadership trio for the product area. Overall, you are expected to provide people, technology and delivery leadership in the product area. What you are accountable for:
- Articulate, communicate and follow up technical vision, strategy and productivity metrics that enable us to meet product goals
- Allocate people to priorities while optimizing with a holistic lens
- Deliver engineering solutions on time to meet product goals (while maintaining the health of owned technology and organizational health)
- Foster engineering competences at world-class level and create world-class tech solutions
- Prioritize quality, and maintain and improve the health of owned technology
- Create an environment in which people thrive Who you are
- An experienced people leader who has experience in growing managers. You are a servant leader, who prefers to delegate ownership and operations and empower the team to effectively make decisions; while providing direct support as needed. Listening is everything. In our band, we have no patience for entitled egos.
- You are experienced in setting technical vision in complex technical architecture setting.
- You have a solid track record in leading, setting up and creating high performing organizations. You have a broad definition of success for your organizations, across delivery, impact, organization health, psychological safety, and inclusion. You are great at fostering innovation and prefer to set only the minimum needed processes to reach needed goals. Ideas drive us, not bureaucracy.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about agile, best software engineering practices and good architecture.
- You are collaborative, preferring to actively partner up and share information with other disciplines.
- Accustomed to fast-paced organizations and master at digesting complex information efficiently and quickly. You comfortable working in an organization that endorses controlled chaos.
We expect you to have a background in engineering, experience in leading organizations of 50 people, and a clear track record of creating high performing agile organizations. You will also be required to travel internationally from time to time, as the organization you will be leading is split between Stockholm and London. We expect you to contribute to the client’s culture. Start:
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.