Our client - a Power Transmission System Operator (TSO) has established the Nordic Regional Security with 3 other TSO’s in Norway, Sweden and Finland (Nordic RSC). The Nordic RSC is one of five RSCs in Europe. The RSCs are established to provide services to the European Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
To foster cooperation between the RSCs in Europe in implementing requirements from the Network Codes and from the Clean Energy Package, the existing RSCs
- have created in 2018 a common RSC Working Table to address common issues
- have initiated a common RSC Master Plan in order to:
- provide a navigational tool to understand the complexity of the RSCs and the environment they act within (The Master Plan shall be a tool for the RSCs, ENTSO-E experts, RSC shareholders and other stakeholders).
- coordinate the preparation of specific deliverables between the RSCs.
- have agreed, to gain efficiency, on the need for a common Project Management support.
Description of the needs:
RSCs have identified following areas of interest to be covered by external Project Management support:
- RSCs’ Working table meeting:
- Organise and facilitate project meetings, workshops and conference calls including minutes preparation and dissemination;
- Accurate risk, issue and action tracking and follow-up;
- Ensure target oriented and timely reporting;
- RSC Master Plan management and follow-up:
- Project steering and support
- Provide project and deliverables structure and planning with corresponding decision roadmap, taking internal and external dependencies into account;
- Support resource management (FTEs from RSCs)
- Facilitate the SPOC meeting and specific TF (bi-monthly meetings, meeting of experts on ad hoc tasks, track record and follow-up of actions, minutes, .
- Active engagement and communication of internal and external parties;
- Multi-stakeholder management
- Management of the interfaces and links between working groups, stakeholders and external parties;
- Expectation management and business diplomacy;
- Develop and document a reusable tools kit for RSCs, RSC Shareholders and stakeholders
RSCs are looking for Project Management support spread between 50% Project Manager (PM) and 50% Project Management Office (PMO). The PM should be a senior consultant.
The two profiles should be two different persons working together under a joint contract. The PM should manage the division of the tasks on a result-driven and pragmatic way.
Both roles should preferably have some understanding of the TSO environment and must demonstrate strong facilitation and organization skills to constantly (i) convey vision, goals and issues, (ii) provide reports and concise presentations.
They will be responsible for organizing and managing a program covering the area mentioned above. Some of the tasks will be:
- Ensuring rigorous document of objectives/context (“why”)
- Facilitating evaluation of different alternative strategies and analysis
- Challenging project owners on planning, quality and resources
- Ensuring clear communication between project teams and towards RSC Working Table
- Proactively identifying and managing issues and risks via risks related register
- Project Management tools, such as MS project (for presentations, risk management, reporting, resource evaluation, timelines)
- Experience with Risk Management
- Experience with Resource Evaluation
- Experience with complex stakeholder management
- Experience with facilitation of workshops
- Experience with complex projects
- Experience with management of resources (FTE count)
- Must have communications skills to facilitate efficient meetings and managing interests of multiple stakeholders in a complex international environment.
- Strong facilitation and organization skills
- Experience with international co-operation is required.
- Experience with & able to navigate in projects that have great internal political awareness
- Experience from the Transmission Security Operator or Regional Security Operator industry - have some understanding of the TSO environment.
- Experience from The energy sector and IT sector
- Knowledge of ENTSO-E is a great advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and action driven
- Structured and well organized
- The candidate must be rigorous
- Fluent in english, written and spoken
2 years + option
Location is open
Min. fem års professionel IT-erhvervserfaring.