The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands-on, technical work.
A successful candidate will have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to DevOps/Automation in their career. The SRE will configure, tune, and troubleshoot multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability.
The SRE will work closely with the systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team. For this position, strict application security and high availability requirements must be balanced to achieve optimal solutions.
- Support development team in handling production environments, releases and pipeline execution
- Identify requirements of new features, and propose design and solution
- Implement features in suitable programming language
- Take ownership of delivering features and improvements on time
- 5+ years of managing services in a large scale *nix environment.
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Unix/Linux environments.
- A systematic, test-and-measure approach to continually improving service operations.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing.
- Hands-on experience from git, automation and continuous integration.
- Experience with config management / infrastructure as code.
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one programming language.
Extra Merit Qualifications
- Production experience using Docker and Kubernetes, Mesos or other orchestrator.
- Knowledge about pipeline/workflow technologies.
- Working knowledge Kafka and Splunk.
- Good understanding of the Java Virtual Machine.
- Experience in information retrieval and storage or machine learning.
- Experience with GIS and Toolkits such as JTS, ArcGIS, QGIS, OpenJump etc.
6 months +
Malmö area, Sweden
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.