Head of IT Maritime Operations, shall be the main connection between the business unit Maritime Operations in at the client and the IT Department. Member of IT Leadership team.
Consultant will be in charge of a hands on technical and functional specialist.
Key tasks and responsibilites:
- Handle all business requests to IT related to Maritime Operations processes and needs
- Work together with other teams where needed
- Convert business needs into technical solutions
- Have focus on both making internal processes more effective and
rise the customer satisfaction index
- Initiate new initiatives that supports this
- Handle dialogue with relevant IT suppliers
- Managing IT budgeting for the related part of the system portfolio and its projects
- Follow up budget and resources in running projects together with PMO
Skills and responsibilities:
- Very good communication skills, both within IT and with business units.
- Accurate and precise in communication
- Good understanding of business initiatives and activities across the organisation
- Good knowledge of IT processes and system portfolio
- Good knowledge in Project management. Prefer Prince2 method.
Knowledge and experiences:
- Experience from maritime operations
- Maritime data communications, satellite, 3G, 4G etc.
- Knowledge around wifi utilization on ships
- Knowledge about CCTV solutions
- Experience from maritime projects
- Experience from budgeting and project delivery
- Very well written and spoken in English and a Scandinavian language ( norwegian, swedish or danish)
6 months +
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.