Workplace Baghdad 80% and Munich 20% -
Job Purpose & General Description:
The Local Project Manager is responsible to ensure that all project tasks in customers' country are carried out according to specified effort, time and quality.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Local Project Manager manages all project related activities in the customers county.
As representative he always acts in an efficient and professional manner.
While subcontractors regularly are responsible for the actual execution of most technical tasks the Local Project Manager will be responsible for meeting the deadlines agreed with the customer and other contractual obligations.
Specific tasks are:
- Represent towards customer, subcontractors and suppliers in all project belongings
- Act as communication channel to headquarters for all project topics including reporting on regular basis on defined channels
- Act as co-ordinator for all technical local project activities
- Lead the local project team
- Ensure all project team members are aware of safety policies in order to provide a safe workplace environment
- Push and support subcontractors and suppliers to fulfil their tasks (construction activities, production machinery and other HW and SW installations, material deliveries)
- Supervise and evaluate subcontractors and suppliers tasks and contractual obligations
- Expert Knowledge, Experience
- 10 years+ Project Management experience in an international environment
- Internationally recognized Project Management certification (PMI, IPMA, PRINCE)
- Experience in the mechanical engineering industry
- Experience in the building / construction industry
- Preferably experience in the security document manufacturing industry
- Language and Intercultural Skills
- Language Skills (business fluent): English mandatory, Arabic preferred, German advantageous
- Intercultural experience in the Arabic speaking Middle East area
- Knowledge of local customs and behavior
- Personal, Soft Skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal leadership, communication and team building skills
- Flexible, adaptable, highly motivated and result-oriented
- Ability to work independently under pressure with tight timeframes
- Other General Skills
- Representative behavior and appearance
- Experienced in contact with governmental or public authorities
- Experienced with long-term assignments to hardship countries
24 months +
Bagdad and München
Min. fem års professionel IT-erhvervserfaring.